mercoledì 23 novembre 2011

Mini Shopaholic

di Sophie Kinsella

OK.
Don’t panic. I’m in charge. I, Rebecca Brandon (née Bloomwood), am the adult. Not my two-year-old daughter.

Only I’m not sure she realizes this.

‘Minnie, darling, give me the pony.’ I try to sound calm and assured, like Nanny Sue off the telly.

‘Poneeee.’ Minnie grips the toy pony more tightly.

‘No pony.’

‘Mine!’ she cries hysterically. ‘Miiiine poneee!’

Aargh. I’m holding about a million shopping bags, my face is sweating, and I could really do without this.

It was all going so well. I’ve been round the whole shopping mall and bought all the last little things on my Christmas list. Minnie and I were heading towards Santa’s Grotto, and I only stopped for a moment to look at a dolls’ house. Whereupon Minnie grabbed a toy pony off the display and refused to put it back.
And now I’m in the middle of Pony-gate.

Ho trovato questo romanzo molto meno divertente degli altri di questa saga… L'accoppiata Becky con figlioletta Minnie mi è risutata un po' indigesta, a volte pure antipatica… Il tema principale è la preparazione di un party a sorpresa per il compleanno di Luke e Becky come al solito ci salta fuori egregiamente, nonostante tutti i casini che combina… Forse è anche questo che alla fine mi ha dato un po' fastidio, cade sempre in piedi, ed anche se so che è quella la caratteristica dei romanzi incentrati sul personaggio di Becky, è troppo marcato questo aspetto…

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Lasciate un commento... voi che leggete...